Pages

 photo Home_zpspchzwjez.png  photo Patterns_zpsffe5v7nd.png  photo Tutorials_zpsplo1y0ea.png  photo 193faa8a-319f-4666-9915-a2cc9af19bda_zpsah1i88qv.png  photo 1aff47d5-9779-4086-ae8c-7c8a885b6c47_zpsyyyqf1xu.png

Monday, November 16, 2015

How To Buy A Sewing Machine


I thought I'd repost some articles that I wrote when I started blogging almost four years ago. This was a series on how to buy a sewing machine. The ideas and suggestions came from interaction with friends, sewing students, and retailers.

Part One: How To Buy A Sewing Machine Week

Part Two: How to Set a Budget

Part Three: The Goodies (Features)

Part Four: Testing the Machines

Part Five: Found One. Now What?  

Part Six: Maintenance

And here's a bonus - an interactive photo of parts of a sewing machine.



 

10 comments:

  1. Greetings from France ! Thank you very much for those helpful articles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great articles for both the novice and experienced sewists (writes better than sewers). Your readers might be interested in a YouTube video that shows the history of the sewing machine and how they work. My favorite part is the human sewing machine. It may be from the 1970s but the basic principles are all the same. I hope you don't mind me sharing this. The YouTube video is titled "The Secret Life of the Sewing Machine with Tim Hunkin". Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_qLCdrbU78

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read some excellent stuff here. Certainly value bookmarking for revisiting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder how so much attempt you put to create any such fantastic informative website.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was suggested this blog by my cousin. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made some really good points there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found most people will go along with your views on this web site.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...