If you want to learn to sew, you'll need to try some new things. Here are some tutorials that will help! What's a tutorial? A tutorial is NOT a pattern - it's a lesson on how to do a particular technique. A pattern typically doesn't explain how to do something - it just gives you directions on what to do.
Blog Tutorials:I've got some free tutorials right here on my blog. I'll add them as I post them. Here are the tutorials that I've blogged about:
Learn to Sew:
- Practice First!
- Understanding Thread
- Backstitching (going in reverse)
- Clipping Corners
- Ruffles Made Easy
- Better Purse Pockets
- Gussets: The Big Bag
- How to Make Extra-Wide Double Fold Bias Tape
Learn to Quilt:
Purses and Totes:
Sewing Tutorial Worksheets (PDF):I have created some free technique tutorials.
You can (1) download them for free here AND/OR (2) they are also available in my Craftsy Pattern Store:
- How to Insert a Twist Lock
- How to Insert an Exposed Zipper
- How to Make a Zipper Template
- How to Make 1/2" Double Fold Bias Tape
- How to Sew Double-Fold Bias Tape
- How to Insert a Zipper in a Pillow
- How to Insert an Exposed Zippered Pocket
- How to Sew A Gusset