Pages

 photo Home_zpspchzwjez.png  photo Patterns_zpsffe5v7nd.png  photo Tutorials_zpsplo1y0ea.png  photo 193faa8a-319f-4666-9915-a2cc9af19bda_zpsah1i88qv.png  photo 1aff47d5-9779-4086-ae8c-7c8a885b6c47_zpsyyyqf1xu.png

Monday, January 4, 2016

Transit Tote Pattern Review

I recently sent my Transit Tote pattern out for review to have someone make it and test the pattern. OK...the someone was my sister. And if you have a sister, you probably know that they are the best pattern testers! I knew I'd get honest feedback.

My sister knows a lot about sewing. She makes clothes, slipcovers, curtains, etc...; a few years ago she took up quilting. And I'm not biased (really!), but she's talented. Much more detailed than I am. She's more of a traditional sewer who sews from store-bought patterns. Needless to say, I was a bit nervous. 


She ended up making three of them - they are for her two daughters and one daughter-in-law. I love the red zippers!

The good news is that she had very few corrections - and they were additions to help someone who's familiar with traditional patterns.

Here's her review on Craftsy:

Have been sewing for decades but always used traditional patterns. Loved the pictures of the Transit Tote but when the pattern came was a bit confused by the nontraditional way it was made. Decided the best thing to do was trust the designer. I followed the directions carefully (good pics! great instructions!). LOVE IT!!! Made 3 for my daughters for Christmas. NOW the pattern makes perfect sense!! (Note: The Peltex was difficult to sew through, probably won't use it next time.)

I agree with her review of the Peltex. I prefer a tote that I can squish into my bag! You can purchase this pattern on Craftsy and on Etsy

You can read more about this pattern here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...