Pages

 photo Home_zpspchzwjez.png  photo Patterns_zpsffe5v7nd.png  photo Tutorials_zpsplo1y0ea.png  photo 193faa8a-319f-4666-9915-a2cc9af19bda_zpsah1i88qv.png  photo 1aff47d5-9779-4086-ae8c-7c8a885b6c47_zpsyyyqf1xu.png

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Glow-In-The-Dark Halloween Tote



A few years ago, I made some Halloween Trick-or-Treat tote bags using a basic tote bag pattern. I used 17" squares for this one. I selected your run-of-the-mill black twill and lined it with orange fabric. To add something fun, I searched online for Halloween Coloring Pages and selected a spider as my design. I used basic applique techniques with Heat 'n Bond Lite as my fusible interfacing (don't use regular Heat 'N Bond - it's not designed for sewing - the glue will gum up your needle). But what makes this special is that I used Coats and Clark Glow-In-The-Dark-Thread when I zig-zagged around the design. This was a HUGE hit with the kids!

2 comments:

  1. Ugh. . . my Viking is in the shop right now due to an encounter with Heat & Bond Ultra. If there is a warning on the end of the bolt that tells you not to sew with it, the print is too small for me to read. Anyhoo---my fingers are crossed and I'm hoping dear Inga comes home before it is too late to finish my Christmas sewing. Santa's workshop is a little sad with no sewing machine in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH NO!!! I learned the hard way, too. My problem was minor, though. It gummed up my needle - so the thread kept sticking to the needle and breaking. I had to keep putting rubbing alcohol on a Q-tip and cleaning the gunk off my needle. I sure hope you get your machine back ASAP!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...