Pages

 photo Home_zpspchzwjez.png  photo Patterns_zpsffe5v7nd.png  photo Tutorials_zpsplo1y0ea.png  photo 193faa8a-319f-4666-9915-a2cc9af19bda_zpsah1i88qv.png  photo 1aff47d5-9779-4086-ae8c-7c8a885b6c47_zpsyyyqf1xu.png

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Nifty Notion: Dritz Ezy-Hem

I posted this a while back but think it's worth a repost. I taught a sewing class yesterday and used the Dritz EZY-Hem. All five women where amazed by how functional it is!


I'm not a clothing maker, so after I purchased this Ezy-Hem, I began to wonder about my shopping skills. It sat for a few years, but I recently realized what a gem it really is.

The Ezy-Hem makes it "ezy" to measure, iron and, therefore, create hems. When my students were making teepees, they needed 1/2" seams - so we headed to the ironing board with this notion and a hot iron. 


In a matter of minutes, they had accurate 1/2" seams. The markings on the other side allow for even more hem sizes. It's a nifty notion!

2 comments:

  1. I've had this tool in the sewing supplies for 25+ years. It's a GREAT tool to have :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree. There are a lot of notions that I question the value of, but this one is worth the money.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...