Friday, June 20, 2014
It was a beautiful evening on Keuka Lake! I made these pillows for the boat....makes things just a little more comfortable! Here's what I did:
Cut my Shannon Fabrics Terry Cloth (nice stuff!) to the size I wanted. This is a standard size pillow.
I marked the center points and....
...embroidered the anchor design (that I got from Embroidery Library).
I used polyester embroidery thread so it wouldn't fade.
Rounded the corners using my new favorite ruler from Creative Grids. Seriously, I cannot believe how much I use this ruler!
Added the piping. Love this foot!
Almost done! Next I cut poly-nylon-whatever fabric for the back. I cut up an old duvet cover that I got at Target...again, I wanted some fabric that could handle the sunlight. I didn't have regular plain white fabric, so I used what I have!
Rather than buy a pillow, I purchased a package of pillow protectors and filled them with some stuffing from some old pillows and a package of Fairfield Fiberfill Poly-Fil. The Poly-Fil is a lot nicer than what was in the old pillows, but I didn't have enough to fill two pillows.
Once I was done, I shoved the inserts into the pillow covers. I then washed both in my front loader washing machine....then dried them to fluff up the fiberfill. Just like new!
I made two pillows and will probably make a few more!