Pages

 photo Home_zpspchzwjez.png  photo Patterns_zpsffe5v7nd.png  photo Tutorials_zpsplo1y0ea.png  photo 193faa8a-319f-4666-9915-a2cc9af19bda_zpsah1i88qv.png  photo 1aff47d5-9779-4086-ae8c-7c8a885b6c47_zpsyyyqf1xu.png

Friday, June 20, 2014

Boat Pillows


It was a beautiful evening on Keuka Lake! I made these pillows for the boat....makes things just a little more comfortable! Here's what I did:


Cut my Shannon Fabrics Terry Cloth (nice stuff!) to the size I wanted. This is a standard size pillow.

I marked the center points and....










...embroidered the anchor design (that I got from Embroidery Library).



I used polyester embroidery thread so it wouldn't fade.









Rounded the corners using my new favorite ruler from Creative Grids. Seriously, I cannot believe how much I use this ruler!















Added the piping. Love this foot!

















Almost done! Next I cut poly-nylon-whatever fabric for the back. I cut up an old duvet cover that I got at Target...again, I wanted some fabric that could handle the sunlight. I didn't have regular plain white fabric, so I used what I have!










Rather than buy a pillow, I purchased a package of pillow protectors and filled them with some stuffing from some old pillows and a package of Fairfield Fiberfill Poly-Fil. The Poly-Fil is a lot nicer than what was in the old pillows, but I didn't have enough to fill two pillows.


Once I was done, I shoved the inserts into the pillow covers. I then washed both in my front loader washing machine....then dried them to fluff up the fiberfill. Just like new!








I made two pillows and will probably make a few more!

1 comment:

  1. A little note to let everybody know about the powerful work of doctor chimnedum herbal home. My name is Gazalee from Malaysia and i was ones a HEPATITIS and HBP victim until i read about Dr chimnedum herbal home online on how he cured so many people with herbal remedies,and i contacted him for help and he really helped, after i applied his herbal remedies. i am testifying to this great Dr chimnedum herbal home because i want everybody to be informed so that you will contact him today for your cure, Contact him through: dr.chimnedumherbalhome1616@gmail.com Call/Whatsapp: +2347086675538,I'm healed,
    is a great thing in my life today.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...