Pages

 photo Home_zpspchzwjez.png  photo Patterns_zpsffe5v7nd.png  photo Tutorials_zpsplo1y0ea.png  photo 193faa8a-319f-4666-9915-a2cc9af19bda_zpsah1i88qv.png  photo 1aff47d5-9779-4086-ae8c-7c8a885b6c47_zpsyyyqf1xu.png

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Marriage Equality Quilt...DONE!


I finally finished the Marriage Equality Quilt for my friends James and Jeffrey. They got married back in July...yes, I'm a bit slow with my gifts! The final size is 69" x 58" - the perfect lap quilt!

Here's a close-up of my straight stitching. I learned a valuable lesson - make sure the bar on your walking foot is secure. When I was quilting a few rows, the bar moved = a little wonky. 

The rows of stitches are at random widths.

Here it is before I quilted it.

The binding and back is Parson Gray Clouds Moss.






 



I'm please with how this turned out. It's my own design that I created using Excel. My love of puzzles came in handy when I pieced it - there are no consistent block designs! I printed the spreadsheet then drew out the blocks. I was incredibly happy when all the rows fit!

Although I created this as a symbol of love and equality, I think the design is universal!

2 comments:

  1. A little note to let everybody know about the powerful work of doctor chimnedum herbal home. My name is Gazalee from Malaysia and i was ones a HEPATITIS and HBP victim until i read about Dr chimnedum herbal home online on how he cured so many people with herbal remedies,and i contacted him for help and he really helped, after i applied his herbal remedies. i am testifying to this great Dr chimnedum herbal home because i want everybody to be informed so that you will contact him today for your cure, Contact him through: dr.chimnedumherbalhome1616@gmail.com Call/Whatsapp: +2347086675538,I'm healed,
    is a great thing in my life today.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...