Pages

 photo Home_zpspchzwjez.png  photo Patterns_zpsffe5v7nd.png  photo Tutorials_zpsplo1y0ea.png  photo 193faa8a-319f-4666-9915-a2cc9af19bda_zpsah1i88qv.png  photo 1aff47d5-9779-4086-ae8c-7c8a885b6c47_zpsyyyqf1xu.png

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Point of Needles


When I first started sewing, I didn't pay attention to my machine needles. And given my conversations with other beginners, I realized that this isn't all that unusual. However, it didn't take long for me to see the error of my ways. When I took my very first sewing machine (a refurbished 1967 Singer Touch & Sew) in for a quick repair, I left with a fixed machine and a new appreciation for needles.

Since that time (so very long ago), I've use Schmetz needles and only Schmetz needles - and not just because that's what the repair shop recommended. I can see the difference! 

I keep a slew of them in my needle storage box. 




My embroidery machine needles have a different home in a different box!










An old pill bottle stores my used needles.
And it seems that almost every problem I've had with a project has been related to the needle - usually one that is wrong size (they never become dull because I toss them constantly!). Because I make a lot of different projects and sew on a lot of different fabric, changing the needles has become almost intuitive. 















Stored on my floor lamp post next to my machine!
And it seems that my needle obsession has spread to my friends: usually the first question anyone asks me in one of my sewing classes is, "What needle do we need?" They have learned that the right needle can make sewing a project a lot easier.



















I really recommend visiting the SchmetzNeedles website. I love their Learning Center, especially their Trouble Shooting Guide. It might be a little overwhelming at first, but, as with anything, troubleshooting gets easier with experience. 

And just how much do I love needles? Enough that I buy my Universal 80/12 by the box!


And, BTW, I'm in no way affiliated with Schmetz. I just know a good thing when I use it!

1 comment:

  1. A little note to let everybody know about the powerful work of doctor chimnedum herbal home. My name is Gazalee from Malaysia and i was ones a HEPATITIS and HBP victim until i read about Dr chimnedum herbal home online on how he cured so many people with herbal remedies,and i contacted him for help and he really helped, after i applied his herbal remedies. i am testifying to this great Dr chimnedum herbal home because i want everybody to be informed so that you will contact him today for your cure, Contact him through: dr.chimnedumherbalhome1616@gmail.com Call/Whatsapp: +2347086675538,I'm healed,
    is a great thing in my life today.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...