Pages

 photo Home_zpspchzwjez.png  photo Patterns_zpsffe5v7nd.png  photo Tutorials_zpsplo1y0ea.png  photo 193faa8a-319f-4666-9915-a2cc9af19bda_zpsah1i88qv.png  photo 1aff47d5-9779-4086-ae8c-7c8a885b6c47_zpsyyyqf1xu.png

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Smartphone+ Wristlet Pattern


I've been working on this pattern for a week and FINALLY got it done. 

Here are all my practice wristlets. I wrote up the pattern while making one (the multi-colored one). Then made changes and made another (the blue Kaffe Fasset one). Then tweaked (the black and turquoise one). Then printed my final pattern and made one following the directions EXACTLY (the hockey one).



It has two exterior zippered pockets (one on each side).
The inside has eight pockets for ID, credit cards, loyalty cards, whatever.

This is designed for people who travel light - it's small and thin. 
The outside closes with what I call a 'Round About Zipper. This was the challenge part: (1) figure out how to do it and (2) figure out how to tell YOU to do it! Doing it is easy; writing directions is not-so-easy!
The final size is 6 1/2" x 4 3/4'" x 1/2" - my big smartphone zips inside.

FYI - I made these with both TALON and YKK zippers. I prefer YKK - they are easier to open and close.
Once you get the hang of the zipper, it's quite easy! I used a lot of painter's tape to hold it together while I sewed it in. The pattern includes this zipper tutorial with full-color pictures.

PURCHASE this pattern for only $4.50 in my CRAFTSY PATTERN SHOP!

14 comments:

  1. Is there a way to make an extra page type thing inside it (to hold more cards)?
    Instead of card holders on each side could you make one side pockets for small items like chapstick, etc? or maybe one big pocket for the phone (it feels like it would be more secure that way)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the ideas! The first one I made included a pocket for a phone but it added too much bulk - it's only a 1/2" thick (the zipper). I tried some variations but kept running into that problem. You could very easily make this an inch wider and longer to fit a pocket that is designed to hold your particular phone - but then it's bigger! I might play around today to see about adding a phone pocket to the outside - and include that as an option!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think these instructions are wonderful! However an actual pattern would have made this tutorial better, even if the person using it needs to make it larger. The pattern sure would spend the time making it up! I haven't made it yet. However I will give you updates. I guess I am a little intimidated because I am making it for a relative as a gift and I only 4 days to make it, hopefully without any mistakes. I will provide you with updates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little note to let everybody know about the powerful work of doctor chimnedum herbal home. My name is Gazalee from Malaysia and i was ones a HEPATITIS and HBP victim until i read about Dr chimnedum herbal home online on how he cured so many people with herbal remedies,and i contacted him for help and he really helped, after i applied his herbal remedies. i am testifying to this great Dr chimnedum herbal home because i want everybody to be informed so that you will contact him today for your cure, Contact him through: dr.chimnedumherbalhome1616@gmail.com Call/Whatsapp: +2347086675538,I'm healed,
      is a great thing in my life today.

      Delete
  4. The pattern calls for quilted fabric. Can I use just regular cotton fabric? I have adorable fabric that I love and would like to use to make this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quilting-weight fabric - not pre-quilted fabric...so I think you DO have the correct fabric!! YAY!! I've revised that pattern to make it bigger!

      Delete
  5. A little note to let everybody know about the powerful work of doctor chimnedum herbal home. My name is Gazalee from Malaysia and i was ones a HEPATITIS and HBP victim until i read about Dr chimnedum herbal home online on how he cured so many people with herbal remedies,and i contacted him for help and he really helped, after i applied his herbal remedies. i am testifying to this great Dr chimnedum herbal home because i want everybody to be informed so that you will contact him today for your cure, Contact him through: dr.chimnedumherbalhome1616@gmail.com Call/Whatsapp: +2347086675538,I'm healed,
    is a great thing in my life today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. one, so that everyone can able to utilize this information thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your writing is impressive. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! this is often nice article you shared with great information.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thats why i have read it entirely thank you

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello there! This post could not be written any better!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...