Pages

 photo Home_zpspchzwjez.png  photo Patterns_zpsffe5v7nd.png  photo Tutorials_zpsplo1y0ea.png  photo 193faa8a-319f-4666-9915-a2cc9af19bda_zpsah1i88qv.png  photo 1aff47d5-9779-4086-ae8c-7c8a885b6c47_zpsyyyqf1xu.png

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Smartphone+ Part Deux!

Yesterday I posted my final smartphone project. A reader commented about adding a pocket to make the phone more secure. It got me thinking -- my phone is thin but not all phones are. Last week I was meeting with my tax preparer (not my favorite thing to do) and I noticed that she was eyeing my wristlet. We started talking about our love for all things portable and she showed me what she used. Her little zippered bag was cute but she couldn't carry her phone in it.

Today I went to breakfast with a friend and after some stimulating conversation, came home and went to work on amending this pattern. I had to work around two issues: 1) the pocket had to be on the outside and 2) the phone had to be easily accessible but secure. This is what I came up with:


I love this pocket but struggled to come up with a way to keep the phone from falling out. I considered velcro -- but I HATE velcro and try to avoid it at all costs. I sewed the pocket on before I thought through it, so I was kind of stuck. I starting digging in my little hardware cabinet and came up with a grommet, toggle, and twill tape.

It turned out! I might replace the grommet with a buttonhole when I make the next one. I worry about the grommet scratching the glass (but hey...it's Gorilla Glass, so it really shouldn't scratch!).





 






It's still thin.

And here you can see how I attached the twill tape! YAY! I'll be taking my pattern out of my Craftsy Pattern Shop to update it.

8 comments:

  1. that's a great product it makes your phone stylish yet still out of the snatchers eye because you can't tell that it has phone inside of it

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little note to let everybody know about the powerful work of doctor chimnedum herbal home. My name is Gazalee from Malaysia and i was ones a HEPATITIS and HBP victim until i read about Dr chimnedum herbal home online on how he cured so many people with herbal remedies,and i contacted him for help and he really helped, after i applied his herbal remedies. i am testifying to this great Dr chimnedum herbal home because i want everybody to be informed so that you will contact him today for your cure, Contact him through: dr.chimnedumherbalhome1616@gmail.com Call/Whatsapp: +2347086675538,I'm healed,
    is a great thing in my life today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the best way to share the great article with everyone

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to to thank you for this good read!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this piece of information.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I would like to thanks' for the efforts you have put in writing this blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...