Pages

 photo Home_zpspchzwjez.png  photo Patterns_zpsffe5v7nd.png  photo Tutorials_zpsplo1y0ea.png  photo 193faa8a-319f-4666-9915-a2cc9af19bda_zpsah1i88qv.png  photo 1aff47d5-9779-4086-ae8c-7c8a885b6c47_zpsyyyqf1xu.png

Monday, February 18, 2013

Say Yes to Michigan: Upcycled Sweatshirt Purse


I have been working on my pattern for the upcycled sweatshirt purse, so I made this one today. It's a sweatshirt that I've had for probably 15 years. I think a friend of mine gave it to me when I moved to Arkansas. 


I had to do a little handy-work with the straps so they wouldn't cover my beloved home state's name!

The pattern is turning out to be a little trickier than I expected. When I made this one, the sweatshirt had stretched (even with fusible interfacing) and I had to make the bottom bigger. It threw me off, so I cut the lining bottom the same size. When I sewed the lining together, I had to rip it out because (surprise) the bottom was too big...once I cut it down to the correct size, it fit perfectly. BUT...then I sewed the exterior to the lining and, duh!, the stretched exterior was bigger than the lining! I ripped out what I had sewn, did some measuring, and re-sewing! FINALLY! it fit.

Persistence was the word-of-the-day today! I'm getting the pattern finalized and will put it in my CRAFTSTY Pattern shop so you can make one for yourself!  It's here! Want to make one? It's in my Craftsy Pattern Shop!

Want some tutorials to help you make this purse? I've scheduled three to run from 2/19/2013 to 2/21/2013 - just click on the label "Sweatshirt Purse" to the right!

1 comment:

  1. A little note to let everybody know about the powerful work of doctor chimnedum herbal home. My name is Gazalee from Malaysia and i was ones a HEPATITIS and HBP victim until i read about Dr chimnedum herbal home online on how he cured so many people with herbal remedies,and i contacted him for help and he really helped, after i applied his herbal remedies. i am testifying to this great Dr chimnedum herbal home because i want everybody to be informed so that you will contact him today for your cure, Contact him through: dr.chimnedumherbalhome1616@gmail.com Call/Whatsapp: +2347086675538,I'm healed,
    is a great thing in my life today.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...