Pages

 photo Home_zpspchzwjez.png  photo Patterns_zpsffe5v7nd.png  photo Tutorials_zpsplo1y0ea.png  photo 193faa8a-319f-4666-9915-a2cc9af19bda_zpsah1i88qv.png  photo 1aff47d5-9779-4086-ae8c-7c8a885b6c47_zpsyyyqf1xu.png

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Upcycled Sweatshirt Purse Help: Cutting the Logo

I finally finished the pattern for this sweatshirt purse. As I was making my test bag, I kept hearing my friends' voices asking questions. OK, they weren't really there, but I thought about what they'd ask me if they made it with me in the room. So I created a few tutorials to help you!

First...cutting the sweatshirt:








So that's how you cut the logo out of your sweatshirt. 

Make sure you place the sweatshirt on the interfacing correctly. DON'T DO THIS! 
 
Turn the sweatshirt so the top edge runs parallel to the uncut edge of the interfacing. This will reduce stretching!



Once you fuse the interfacing to the back, you'll cut it down to the correct size. Tomorrow we'll review the straps!

Interested in making one? Purchase the pattern from my Craftsy Pattern Shop! It's only $3.50!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...