Pages

 photo Home_zpspchzwjez.png  photo Patterns_zpsffe5v7nd.png  photo Tutorials_zpsplo1y0ea.png  photo 193faa8a-319f-4666-9915-a2cc9af19bda_zpsah1i88qv.png  photo 1aff47d5-9779-4086-ae8c-7c8a885b6c47_zpsyyyqf1xu.png

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Trigger Tote Pattern!



Early I wrote about The Trigger Tote and added it to my Inspired Projects Page. I finally uploaded the pattern to my Craftsy Pattern Store. I've added some tips within the pattern - just some things that I often tell my students when I teach a class. My hope is that it will help you develop your sewing skills! In this pattern, you'll learn how to sew a gusset (the piece of fabric that is sewn along the outside to give the bag some shape). It takes just a little practice to get this technique down.

Also, read about my New Favorite Interfacing (scrimmed back sew foam) - it's a great option for giving this bag some shape!

Some friends have asked me about the buckles. I purchased those about four years ago at Crafter's Vision. At the time, they had an incredible assortment of buckles. If you can't find similiar buckles, here are some options:



1" tri-glides. You'll typically find these on backpacks or anything with an adjustable strap. I have a bunch of these that I purchased on eBay.



1" rectangle rings. If you don't like the color, spray paint them!!











 

You could also use leather belts (found in leather-making/belt making supplies), poke some holes in the leather (with one of those tools they sell), and use some metal buckles. The options are endless!
 
Enjoy and happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...