Pages

 photo Home_zpspchzwjez.png  photo Patterns_zpsffe5v7nd.png  photo Tutorials_zpsplo1y0ea.png  photo 193faa8a-319f-4666-9915-a2cc9af19bda_zpsah1i88qv.png  photo 1aff47d5-9779-4086-ae8c-7c8a885b6c47_zpsyyyqf1xu.png

Monday, August 4, 2014

Porch Chairs



After a year of a half-finished porch, I finally spray-painted my other chair, fixed the back, and got 'er done!

Here's what they used to look like. 

How did I live with this? So, I thought about WHY I kept delaying this project. And there it was...

These chairs are mostly cushions/pillows that are easy to make. The back part, however, is a different story. This needed to be slip covered or upholstered. I got the first one done last summer; I used my go-to slipcover fabric: a drop cloth. The only problem was that it was a PAIN to do. 

Last week I decided to get over my resistance and just do it. But in this case the best needle and thread was actually a staple gun and staples. Yes, that's what I did. And I'm done.

What's funny (or sad) is that, just now, I looked over some past blog posts because I had a suspicion that I had written about this. I had. In June 2012. OK, it's been two years, not one.  Last year, I made some new cushions and the foot stool. Time flies....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...