Pages

 photo Home_zpspchzwjez.png  photo Patterns_zpsffe5v7nd.png  photo Tutorials_zpsplo1y0ea.png  photo 193faa8a-319f-4666-9915-a2cc9af19bda_zpsah1i88qv.png  photo 1aff47d5-9779-4086-ae8c-7c8a885b6c47_zpsyyyqf1xu.png

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Travel Bag - Latest Project

I've been experimenting with a new project - a travel bag for carrying toiletries. This is what I ended up with. It's 9" x 6" x 6"...




















 ...which is a great size.
























But then I decided that I wanted to make a bigger bag that will fit my purse pocket.










Here's the zipper piece. I added a mesh pocket; the mesh is from a pop-up laundry bag. JoAnn Fabrics sells mesh, but I like this better!

This is quilted, so when I assemble it, the inside shows the raw seams. In my original bag, I hid those with a simple overcast stitch. Yeah, I just wanted to get it done!!

With this one, I decided to add double fold bias tape (1/4" wide) BEFORE I sewed the bag together. We'll see how that goes.

My goal for today is to get this finished up! UPDATE! Here it is!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...