Pages

 photo Home_zpspchzwjez.png  photo Patterns_zpsffe5v7nd.png  photo Tutorials_zpsplo1y0ea.png  photo 193faa8a-319f-4666-9915-a2cc9af19bda_zpsah1i88qv.png  photo 1aff47d5-9779-4086-ae8c-7c8a885b6c47_zpsyyyqf1xu.png

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Purse Insert Project


I've been working on a purse insert for my toiletries - mostly to use when I travel. I finally finished it and am in the process of writing up the pattern. 

It has two zippered pockets. Each side has two pockets - one made from fabric and one made out of mesh. 
It's 11" long, 7" tall, and about 4" wide.
It took me about 2 hours to make - but I made all my own binding - which takes more time. But overall, it's a fairly simple project - I think these make great gifts!


5 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! I have been thinking about something like that for a while. Just a question/suggestion: I find it would be nice if there would be a snap or something on the top to close it so that brushes etc (things that I would most likely put in the middle part) would stay nicely put when I take it to the (hotel? :-) ) bathroom. Also, did you double up or used anything to stiffen up the sides?

    It is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little note to let everybody know about the powerful work of doctor chimnedum herbal home. My name is Gazalee from Malaysia and i was ones a HEPATITIS and HBP victim until i read about Dr chimnedum herbal home online on how he cured so many people with herbal remedies,and i contacted him for help and he really helped, after i applied his herbal remedies. i am testifying to this great Dr chimnedum herbal home because i want everybody to be informed so that you will contact him today for your cure, Contact him through: dr.chimnedumherbalhome1616@gmail.com Call/Whatsapp: +2347086675538,I'm healed,
      is a great thing in my life today.

      Delete
  2. Thanks! Actually, I am working on one right now that has snaps to - there are two - each is about 3" in from the end. It's a nice option, especially when I might just throw the insert in my overnight bag!! And yes, this is really stiff. I used fusible fleece; each side has three layers; the gusset also has fusible fleece. It easily stands on its own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If purchasing the pattern, is it acceptable to sell items made from the pattern at craft shows?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda! Yes! Feel free to make and sell these. And let me know if you have an online store. Occasionally people contact me about buying the finished product. I'd direct them to your shop. Good luck and let me know if there is anything confusing about the pattern. I haven't had a chance to let my friends test it out!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...