A few weeks ago, I ordered some new curtains for my living room. I wrote about my "do I make them or buy them dilemma?" in this post. I ended up buying some online and LOVE them. They did not come without problems, however. They were too long and the hem for the rod was too big - consequently, I hated how they hung.
It took only a little bit of work to go from the big hem - designed to fit almost any sized curtain rod....
...to the smaller hem that hugs this curtain rod better. All I did was lengthen my stitches and use a 1" seam allowance. Super easy to do.
I then rehung them to determine the bottom hem. My next step was to rip out the existing hem, press it flat, and fold it up. I didn't have to cut any extra fabric. So my bottom hem is about 5", which I'm fine with.
And here they are. It was really sunny when I took this picture! Happy May!
And if you are wondering, I got the suitcases at the Salvation Army about eleven years ago. My dad added the legs to the huge trunk to make it into a table.