Pages

 photo Home_zpspchzwjez.png  photo Patterns_zpsffe5v7nd.png  photo Tutorials_zpsplo1y0ea.png  photo 193faa8a-319f-4666-9915-a2cc9af19bda_zpsah1i88qv.png  photo 1aff47d5-9779-4086-ae8c-7c8a885b6c47_zpsyyyqf1xu.png

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Living Room Curtains

A few weeks ago, I ordered some new curtains for my living room. I wrote about my "do I make them or buy them dilemma?" in this post. I ended up buying some online and LOVE them. They did not come without problems, however. They were too long and the hem for the rod was too big - consequently, I hated how they hung.

It took only a little bit of work to go from  the big hem - designed to fit almost any sized curtain rod....













...to the smaller hem that hugs this curtain rod better. All I did was lengthen my stitches and use a 1" seam allowance. Super easy to do.


I then rehung them to determine the bottom hem. My next step was to rip out the existing hem, press it flat, and fold it up. I didn't have to cut any extra fabric. So my bottom hem is about 5", which I'm fine with.



And here they are. It was really sunny when I took this picture! Happy May! 

And if you are wondering, I got the suitcases at the Salvation Army about eleven years ago. My dad added the legs to the huge trunk to make it into a table.

1 comment:

  1. A little note to let everybody know about the powerful work of doctor chimnedum herbal home. My name is Gazalee from Malaysia and i was ones a HEPATITIS and HBP victim until i read about Dr chimnedum herbal home online on how he cured so many people with herbal remedies,and i contacted him for help and he really helped, after i applied his herbal remedies. i am testifying to this great Dr chimnedum herbal home because i want everybody to be informed so that you will contact him today for your cure, Contact him through: dr.chimnedumherbalhome1616@gmail.com Call/Whatsapp: +2347086675538,I'm healed,
    is a great thing in my life today.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...