Pages

 photo Home_zpspchzwjez.png  photo Patterns_zpsffe5v7nd.png  photo Tutorials_zpsplo1y0ea.png  photo 193faa8a-319f-4666-9915-a2cc9af19bda_zpsah1i88qv.png  photo 1aff47d5-9779-4086-ae8c-7c8a885b6c47_zpsyyyqf1xu.png

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Living Room Make-Over!

I've taken a bit of a break from sewing to get some projects done around my house. I think the sunshine and warmer temps got me charged up!

Back in October (or was it September?), I painted the ceiling in my living room. I had a new French door installed in the entry, so I had to wait to paint the walls. And wait I did...six months. I had plenty of time to do it. I don't know why, but the urge to paint never came over me...I had trouble picking the color. And I couldn't get past the fact that I needed to paint the trim, too. I hate cleaning paint brushes after using oil-based trim paint!

But two weeks ago something snapped. I finally got around to finalizing a color, emptying my living room, and painting the walls. And last weekend, I mustered up the energy to sand, prime, and paint the trim. And as usual, now that it's done, I ask myself why I waited to so long! 

 

My new dilemma was this: to make or to buy curtains. I've made curtains before and didn't really enjoy it. I wrote about it here. The upside to making them is that they are exactly what I want. The downside is that they are expensive (about 3 yards of fabric per panel plus almost 3 yards of lining) and cumbersome to cut and sew.

I decided to spare myself the agony and, instead, went online to look for curtains. After a quick search, I found these on Overstock - perfect and only $36 per panel! The only problem is that they are a bit too long. 

So tomorrow I'll be hemming them, pressing them, and hanging them. I guess that's where the sewing skills come in handy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...