Pages

 photo Home_zpspchzwjez.png  photo Patterns_zpsffe5v7nd.png  photo Tutorials_zpsplo1y0ea.png  photo 193faa8a-319f-4666-9915-a2cc9af19bda_zpsah1i88qv.png  photo 1aff47d5-9779-4086-ae8c-7c8a885b6c47_zpsyyyqf1xu.png

Friday, March 29, 2013

Crazy Boy Pillows

A few weeks ago, I drove from NY to DC to visit with a good friend who was settling into her new house. She and her hubby have three young boys. I brought my sewing machine and spent a lot of time helping them hang curtains and cozy-up their home. I knew, though, that I'd have to find something for the boys to do. One boy is almost eight and the twins are almost five. 

So we went to work creating pillows! I had them look at some coloring sheets online and they picked the truck and the pirate ship. They traced their designs on to Heat 'N Bond Lite and I cut them out and fused them to the fabric. Once I fine-tuned them, I ironed them to pieces of white twill.

During my visit, I was able to get one pillow done (a truck) but the twins' pillows remain. They left me with specific instructions: The pirate ship needs to be pulling a sled from a big hook and the truck needs to be delivering a fan. 

My goal this weekend is to finish these up and get them shipped. Mom has told me that they've been asking about them!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...