Pages

 photo Home_zpspchzwjez.png  photo Patterns_zpsffe5v7nd.png  photo Tutorials_zpsplo1y0ea.png  photo 193faa8a-319f-4666-9915-a2cc9af19bda_zpsah1i88qv.png  photo 1aff47d5-9779-4086-ae8c-7c8a885b6c47_zpsyyyqf1xu.png

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Quilts of Valor Quilting Marathon Part Two

:



WOW! What a great day for Southern Tier Quilts of Valor! When I arrived at the American Legion at around 8:30 am, several of the volunteers had already arrived and set up their sewing machines. This table full of donated raffle baskets greeted me as I walked through the door! And it didn't end there. Several local restaurants provided coffee, hot cocoa, and....breakfast! YAY! So of course I had to grab a few donut holes as I headed to my table.

My friend Brandy showed up and we got our kits and began to sew. This was a JELLY ROLL RACE! OK, it was no race. There was way too much socializing for it to be considered a race.










Missouri Star Quilts provides a great video tutorial here. We didn't sew the 45 degree angles, so our quilts look a little different.



And I'm still sewing...and sewing....and sewing. And talking. Can't forget that. Several of the 42 volunteers were supposed to leave at noon. They were still there when we ate dinner.
Ta-da! First quilt center done. And, no, it's not mine.
The press arrives! Those are my people. But there was a reason I switched majors. I hate to be on camera. You won't see me on the evening news. Happy Veteran's Day!








1 comment:

  1. A little note to let everybody know about the powerful work of doctor chimnedum herbal home. My name is Gazalee from Malaysia and i was ones a HEPATITIS and HBP victim until i read about Dr chimnedum herbal home online on how he cured so many people with herbal remedies,and i contacted him for help and he really helped, after i applied his herbal remedies. i am testifying to this great Dr chimnedum herbal home because i want everybody to be informed so that you will contact him today for your cure, Contact him through: dr.chimnedumherbalhome1616@gmail.com Call/Whatsapp: +2347086675538,I'm healed,
    is a great thing in my life today.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...