Pages

 photo Home_zpspchzwjez.png  photo Patterns_zpsffe5v7nd.png  photo Tutorials_zpsplo1y0ea.png  photo 193faa8a-319f-4666-9915-a2cc9af19bda_zpsah1i88qv.png  photo 1aff47d5-9779-4086-ae8c-7c8a885b6c47_zpsyyyqf1xu.png

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Star Wars Baby Room....

The first shipment of Star Wars-themed baby room items have arrived and have been set up! And look...Bridget even made a Star Wars mobile!

I'm also in the process of making a Chewbacca Softie that looks like this. I'll be using this pattern from Draw! Pilgrim. Really cute - I want mine to be a little more fuzzy. 

When I made my first one (the tester), I used reverse applique on the face. I zig-zagged around the edges in hopes of making it more furry. This is when I decided that he looked more like Sasquatch than Chewie. I wanted more fur.

If you want this to be more baby-friendly, you could forgo the beads and use stitches on your machine. I did some sample stitches on my Bernina 240 and found that the eyelet stitch  (#16) works great for eyes. And #52 worked for the nose. To give them some "ooomph" I used black top-stitching thread; it's thicker and filled in better. I made the mouth with Peltex - it's stiffer than felt - and did some extra stitches to show teeth.


If I can't find fur at JoAnn, I'll check out Surplus City in Williamsport, PA. If you are ever in the area, you HAVE TO check this place out. It has hardware...craft supplies...AWESOME!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...