Pages

 photo Home_zpspchzwjez.png  photo Patterns_zpsffe5v7nd.png  photo Tutorials_zpsplo1y0ea.png  photo 193faa8a-319f-4666-9915-a2cc9af19bda_zpsah1i88qv.png  photo 1aff47d5-9779-4086-ae8c-7c8a885b6c47_zpsyyyqf1xu.png

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Slipcover Update: The Cushions


Time to take on the sofa! Here's a before picture. It's not that bad - just a little stained and sad.

I decided to make the bottom cushions first because I felt most comfortable making these. The back of the cushion was a little tricky because I needed to create an opening that I could slide the foam cushion in. I figured it out! I used Velco to keep it closed.

Once those were done, I made the back cushions. I just traced around the existing cushion for the front and the back. And I didn't use the red Sharpie! I used a blue fabric marker!!




























I stacked four pieces of fabric and cut them out.












I added a zipper to the gusset. This is on the bottom of the cushion. These are really fluffy, so I knew I could cram it through that 24" zipper.






Here's the zipper in the bottom of the cushion. Yes, I love my blue marker. I should buy them in bulk!













Here they are!












And a close-up. I am amazed by how great they look!























I'll be updating as I go. These four cushions used one 9ft x 12 ft drop cloth with quite a bit left-over. Next step: The Frame!


Still a little scared? Read my Slipcover Courage post.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...