Pages

 photo Home_zpspchzwjez.png  photo Patterns_zpsffe5v7nd.png  photo Tutorials_zpsplo1y0ea.png  photo 193faa8a-319f-4666-9915-a2cc9af19bda_zpsah1i88qv.png  photo 1aff47d5-9779-4086-ae8c-7c8a885b6c47_zpsyyyqf1xu.png

Friday, May 18, 2012

Today's Project: The Grab and Go Clutch



In between the chaos of moving my studio home, I'm making a little bag for my friend's Mother-in-law. She asked for a clutch, and I immediately knew what pattern I'd use - The Grab-And-Go Diaper Clutch - which is for more than just diapers! 

This is a great pattern that is moderately easy to follow - perfect for someone who is ready for something a bit more challenging. Although I used my Loopy Lanyard technique to make the strap and made the inside flap out of the same fabric as the exterior, I pretty much stuck with the pattern, which is highly unusual for me! 

I really like how the bag goes together, especially the technique for sewing the lining. It was a little counter intuitive and something that I had never done - the lining is sewn into the bag so it doesn't lift out. But I managed to figure it out.

When I asked about fabric, my friend said, "Something bright. Her favorite colors are pink and yellow." So after texting some pictures of fabric, she decided on this one! The bag turned out great.

The pattern also includes directions for a quilted changing pad. I recommend that you try it out - but do a quick run through before using some good fabric. The final few steps can be a bit confusing.

Happy sewing!


4 comments:

  1. super cute but I'm getting an error message for the diaper clutch link!
    p.s. I just made your lanyard--that was too easy!! loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little note to let everybody know about the powerful work of doctor chimnedum herbal home. My name is Gazalee from Malaysia and i was ones a HEPATITIS and HBP victim until i read about Dr chimnedum herbal home online on how he cured so many people with herbal remedies,and i contacted him for help and he really helped, after i applied his herbal remedies. i am testifying to this great Dr chimnedum herbal home because i want everybody to be informed so that you will contact him today for your cure, Contact him through: dr.chimnedumherbalhome1616@gmail.com Call/Whatsapp: +2347086675538,I'm healed,
      is a great thing in my life today.

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much! Fixed the link. Glad you loved the lanyard. I hope to post more easy projects this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A little note to let everybody know about the powerful work of doctor chimnedum herbal home. My name is Gazalee from Malaysia and i was ones a HEPATITIS and HBP victim until i read about Dr chimnedum herbal home online on how he cured so many people with herbal remedies,and i contacted him for help and he really helped, after i applied his herbal remedies. i am testifying to this great Dr chimnedum herbal home because i want everybody to be informed so that you will contact him today for your cure, Contact him through: dr.chimnedumherbalhome1616@gmail.com Call/Whatsapp: +2347086675538,I'm healed,
    is a great thing in my life today.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...