Pages

 photo Home_zpspchzwjez.png  photo Patterns_zpsffe5v7nd.png  photo Tutorials_zpsplo1y0ea.png  photo 193faa8a-319f-4666-9915-a2cc9af19bda_zpsah1i88qv.png  photo 1aff47d5-9779-4086-ae8c-7c8a885b6c47_zpsyyyqf1xu.png

Monday, May 11, 2015

Finally! Summer (for me)!

I turned my grades in and have begun my summer! What this means is that I work from home (at my convenience) and have time to sew and work on my house. Yesterday I started scraping old paint and carpet glue off the cement on my screened in porch. My back is killing me, and I only got about 5 sq. ft removed, but it's better than it was on Saturday. Today I mow the lawn and write a few letters of recommendation. And recuperate from grading and celebrating the graduation of my students.

My roles at work (Mansfield University of PA) have really evolved - and will be my priority this summer. I'll still be sewing and trying to get patterns published, but my main goal is to actively recruit more students to study communication at Mansfield University. We might be a small university, but what my colleagues and I offer is a lot of individual attention...and a lot of tough love! I run my department's social media platforms  - Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram - and work with the university's social media team. It's fun and I get to be creative.

So here's a little taste of my life at work (that's me in the green jacket...wrapped up in a scarf...yes, it gets cold in northern PA!):


I won't stop blogging -  because I love to share what I'm doing - but I won't be able to keep up with it like I have in the past. I do have several projects that I've been working on...since last summer! Yikes! They all involve a zipper technique that I developed (I think?!)!

In the meantime, though, it's time to get mowing!

1 comment:

  1. A little note to let everybody know about the powerful work of doctor chimnedum herbal home. My name is Gazalee from Malaysia and i was ones a HEPATITIS and HBP victim until i read about Dr chimnedum herbal home online on how he cured so many people with herbal remedies,and i contacted him for help and he really helped, after i applied his herbal remedies. i am testifying to this great Dr chimnedum herbal home because i want everybody to be informed so that you will contact him today for your cure, Contact him through: dr.chimnedumherbalhome1616@gmail.com Call/Whatsapp: +2347086675538,I'm healed,
    is a great thing in my life today.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...