Pages

 photo Home_zpspchzwjez.png  photo Patterns_zpsffe5v7nd.png  photo Tutorials_zpsplo1y0ea.png  photo 193faa8a-319f-4666-9915-a2cc9af19bda_zpsah1i88qv.png  photo 1aff47d5-9779-4086-ae8c-7c8a885b6c47_zpsyyyqf1xu.png

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Kitchen Dish Mat Redo

As much as I love my dishwasher, I do take care of certain items by hand washing them. My only problem (besides having a smaller-ish kitchen) is that I have a corner sink - with only one big sink. This makes air drying items a bit difficult. I eventually tried out one of those microfiber dish drying mats. But once again, the corner sink was a bit of a problem: the mat didn't fit well.


I lived with it for about six months, then finally decided to channel my handy mother and hack the corner of the mat so it fit snug up against my sink. The first thing I did was carefully remove the binding, then I marked where I wanted to cut and cut (with a rotary cutter), and lastly I sewed the binding back on.

Snug. And just the perfect size! 

The best thing of all? It's -4 but the SUN IS OUT! January in New York!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...