Pages

 photo Home_zpspchzwjez.png  photo Patterns_zpsffe5v7nd.png  photo Tutorials_zpsplo1y0ea.png  photo 193faa8a-319f-4666-9915-a2cc9af19bda_zpsah1i88qv.png  photo 1aff47d5-9779-4086-ae8c-7c8a885b6c47_zpsyyyqf1xu.png

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Christmas Sewing Frenzy Part One: Apron

final

UPDATE: The holidays are approaching, so I thought I'd repost one of my favorite patterns! I originally shared this in December 2012.

I turned my grades in and have been crazy trying to get caught up making Christmas gifts. So here the first gift: my friend’s ruffled apron with bib.

I used Alysa’s Awesome Apron pattern to make it – and then added the bib using an idea I saw on Sew4Home. I made only one change – I cut this bib 10” x 11” because the band on the apron comes up fairly high.

IMG_6423

Here’s the monogram – from Digistitches.















michelle
The apron is done! I attacked my stash to make this - I had to adjust the pattern because I didn’t have enough fabric. I made the band from one piece of fabric and narrowed it by folding it over once.

The ruffles are easy to make! Just check out my tutorial.






apron pattern

Here’s the original. I have to say, I love the bib!
I’m in the process of modifying the pattern so it makes more sense. (DONE!) It’s amazes me how clear something can be when I’ve have been working on it…but put it away for six months, and yikes…what does this mean?!









UPDATE: I added a bib to the apron to my original Christmas apron (above). I used a hand towel - I cut it in a trapezoid shape: 11" on the bottom and 8" on the top. It's 10" tall. After I cut it out, I made 2" double-fold bias tape and sewed it around the three sides -- the bottom of the towel was already seamed. It's adorable! 

You can find all the directions in my Alysa's Awesome Apron pattern.

2 comments:

  1. A little note to let everybody know about the powerful work of doctor chimnedum herbal home. My name is Gazalee from Malaysia and i was ones a HEPATITIS and HBP victim until i read about Dr chimnedum herbal home online on how he cured so many people with herbal remedies,and i contacted him for help and he really helped, after i applied his herbal remedies. i am testifying to this great Dr chimnedum herbal home because i want everybody to be informed so that you will contact him today for your cure, Contact him through: dr.chimnedumherbalhome1616@gmail.com Call/Whatsapp: +2347086675538,I'm healed,
    is a great thing in my life today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your car could be stolen if you don't remember this!

    Consider that your car was taken! When you visit the police, they inquire about a specific "VIN decoder"

    A VIN decoder: What is it?

    Similar to a passport, the "VIN decoder" allows you to find out when the car was born and who its "parent"( manufacturing plant) is. You can also figure out:

    1.Type of engine

    2.Automobile model

    3.The DMV and the limitations it imposes

    4.The number of drivers in this vehicle

    The location of the car will be visible to you, and keeping in mind the code ensures your safety. The code can be checked in the database online. The VIN is situated on various parts of the car to make it harder for thieves to steal, such as the first person sitting on the floor, the frame (often in trucks and SUVs), the spar, and other areas.

    What if the VIN is intentionally harmed?

    There are numerous circumstances that can result in VIN damage, but failing to have one will have unpleasant repercussions because it is illegal to intentionally harm a VIN in order to avoid going to jail or being arrested by the police. You could receive a fine of up to 80,000 rubles or spend two years in prison. You might be stopped by an instructor on the road.

    Conclusion.

    The VIN decoder may help to save your car from theft. But where can you check the car reality? This is why we exist– VIN decoders!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...