I started this quilt a few months ago and had to set it aside when I moved my studio back to my house. I dug it back out and hope to get it quilted today. I am on a deadline...it's for my friend's 50th birthday ... so it needs to be done tomorrow...yikes. I don't work well under pressure.
Here it is with the sashing. I just need to add a row to the top and bottom.
As I put this together, I noticed some issues. According to the book, the final size of the quilt is 66 1/2" x 85" - but when I measured, mine was wider - more like 68 1/2" x 85." That's a huge difference, so I did some calculations and my measurements are correct. Whooww... I was a bit worried about my piecing skills!
I'm trying to get it quilted (free motion with the BSR on a Bernina 580) but my cat has other things in mind.
And yes, this quilt is heavy...not quite as heavy as the lead vest at the dentist office, so not to worry.
Right now it's in the washing machine and I'm about to make the label.
This is a special happy birthday to my friend. She IS fabulous. She's a wife, a mom, and a business owner. And she just celebrated her tenth cancer-free year! YAY Michelle!