Pages

 photo Home_zpspchzwjez.png  photo Patterns_zpsffe5v7nd.png  photo Tutorials_zpsplo1y0ea.png  photo 193faa8a-319f-4666-9915-a2cc9af19bda_zpsah1i88qv.png  photo 1aff47d5-9779-4086-ae8c-7c8a885b6c47_zpsyyyqf1xu.png

Monday, March 19, 2012

Today's Project: Garage Band Quilt



My brother picked this fabric for his Christmas gift - and I finally had the courage to cut into the fabric and make this quilt. I designed the pattern myself because I didn't want to chop up and then piece the guitars. Thankfully all my measurements were correct and it was even. The final size is 81" long and 63" wide.

I didn't worry about the direction of the guitars at all...maybe I should have! I noticed that the strip of guitars on the left is going the other way! Oooops. I was a little more concerned about the pieced section fitting that I didn't pay attention to other things.

It went together fairly quickly - maybe two hours of cutting and sewing. My kind of project! FAST!

I did a simple straight stitch for the quilting - at some uneven intervals. I didn't want to clutter the modern look of it.

But this is a great example of how simple quilting can be. You don't need to have bunches of little pieces and sew them together. And sometimes it's all about the fabric. One of my favorite quilts is just two yards of fabric with a border. That's it. 
So find a great piece of fabric with a big print and just get it done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...