Pages

 photo Home_zpspchzwjez.png  photo Patterns_zpsffe5v7nd.png  photo Tutorials_zpsplo1y0ea.png  photo 193faa8a-319f-4666-9915-a2cc9af19bda_zpsah1i88qv.png  photo 1aff47d5-9779-4086-ae8c-7c8a885b6c47_zpsyyyqf1xu.png

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Online Fabric Deals

I would not consider myself a fabricaholic. I buy what I need and buy with a project in mind. Maybe I'm cheap, I don't know. I love to look at fabric but I have a garage that needs to be sided and a drafty house that needs some work. So either I make quilts to keep me warm or I skip the quilts and buy insulation! I've opted for the insulation.

I also don't have a lot of time to shop in person, so I buy most of my fabric online. I look for deals. I try not to pay retail. Here are two of my favorite online retailers for home dec and upholstery fabric:

Dust ruffle made with Fabric Guru fabric!
Fabric Guru is awesome if you want to buy lots of yardage. They typically sell what's left on the bolt - my best purchase was 14 yards of pink and brown striped twill - Susan Sargent for Robert Allen home. I think I paid around $4 a yard. When you get to their website, look to the lower right side for the mark-downs. There are some major deals. I'm looking at it right now and may have to go shopping. $4.99 ships everything.









Pillow made from The Barn fabric.
The Barn Fabric Center doesn't have the volume of fabric of Fabric Guru, but they have great prices - they often run specials where all drapery fabric (or whatever) is like $5.99 a yard. I'm partial to The Barn because I live near Williamsport! Shop local! Nonetheless, a few years ago I scored several yards of Waverly Grand Central Spa for $4.99 a yard. It retails at JoAnn Fabrics for $39.99 a yard.

And you can't beat their prices on outdoor fabric. Wow. Right now it's $4.99 a yard.









And if you are wondering, I don't spend all day looking for great prices. I just happened to come across these. So be patient and have fun! 

1 comment:

  1. this fabric design is really look gorgeous.
    to get fabric on demand from weaveron textile.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...