Pages

 photo Home_zpspchzwjez.png  photo Patterns_zpsffe5v7nd.png  photo Tutorials_zpsplo1y0ea.png  photo 193faa8a-319f-4666-9915-a2cc9af19bda_zpsah1i88qv.png  photo 1aff47d5-9779-4086-ae8c-7c8a885b6c47_zpsyyyqf1xu.png

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Beginninng Quilting: Simple Quilt Project





If you are a beginning quilter, here is a great next-step-quilt: Fit For A Princess Quilt. It's a simple pattern that is made from Fat Quarters. I like it because it's a tad more challenging than sewing squares together -- and there are no borders.










Here's my work-in-progress up on the design wall. I'm making mine bigger than what's instructed on the pattern.

The fabric is Basic Grey: Blush. This is a Fons and Porter Quilt Design Wall, but Elizabeth Hartman has a great tutorial on making a design wall.








I used to draw diagonal lines but recently switched to a Sew Easy Guide from Sew Together. Visit their website for some great videos on using this tool.


And a quick word about the Fons and Porter Quilt Design Wall. The reviews on Amazon are negative. I have four of these and love them! The only problem I've had is that the grommets can come off. But I just sew a button hole in place of the grommet. I've tried flannel-backed table cloths but many of them don't have enough "flannel" to make the fabric stick. If you decide to buy your own, table cloth pads (that go under a fabric table cloth) work really well. They are thicker. I got mine at Target.







1 comment:

  1. A little note to let everybody know about the powerful work of doctor chimnedum herbal home. My name is Gazalee from Malaysia and i was ones a HEPATITIS and HBP victim until i read about Dr chimnedum herbal home online on how he cured so many people with herbal remedies,and i contacted him for help and he really helped, after i applied his herbal remedies. i am testifying to this great Dr chimnedum herbal home because i want everybody to be informed so that you will contact him today for your cure, Contact him through: dr.chimnedumherbalhome1616@gmail.com Call/Whatsapp: +2347086675538,I'm healed,
    is a great thing in my life today.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...