Pages

 photo Home_zpspchzwjez.png  photo Patterns_zpsffe5v7nd.png  photo Tutorials_zpsplo1y0ea.png  photo 193faa8a-319f-4666-9915-a2cc9af19bda_zpsah1i88qv.png  photo 1aff47d5-9779-4086-ae8c-7c8a885b6c47_zpsyyyqf1xu.png

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Our Feet Don't Wear Shoes: The Edgestitch Foot

Ok, this foot changed my life! It's pure utility, but your stitches will be pure art. This foot (Bernina #10 - Janome G - Husqvarna-Viking Edge Stitching Foot or Joining Foot) includes a guide that, when placed on the edge of fabric, creates perfectly even edge and topstitching. 

I use this foot whenever I am adding some detail to purses and purse handles and straps, and when I'm attempting to stitch-in-the-ditch. I place the guide along the edge of the fabric or ditch, change my stitch length (I topstitch with a longer stitch, usually a 3), and keep the fabric lined up with the guide. AMAZING!

The Janome foot is called "The Adjustable Blind Hem Foot," but don't be fooled by the name. What I love about that particular foot is that it is adjustable, so you can "adjust" the distance between the guide and the edge of the fabric.

This foot is a great foot for beginners; the kids in my studio call it "That Cool Foot" because is straightens up their stitches when they topstitch straps for their totes and bags. It works great on machines that don't allow the needle to move.

The video below shows it all!




3 comments:

  1. I've only used this foot to "stitch in the ditch"--wow! thanks! So obvious and yet completely escaped me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! I bet there are more uses out there that I didn't think of!

      Delete
  2. A little note to let everybody know about the powerful work of doctor chimnedum herbal home. My name is Gazalee from Malaysia and i was ones a HEPATITIS and HBP victim until i read about Dr chimnedum herbal home online on how he cured so many people with herbal remedies,and i contacted him for help and he really helped, after i applied his herbal remedies. i am testifying to this great Dr chimnedum herbal home because i want everybody to be informed so that you will contact him today for your cure, Contact him through: dr.chimnedumherbalhome1616@gmail.com Call/Whatsapp: +2347086675538,I'm healed,
    is a great thing in my life today.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...