Pages

 photo Home_zpspchzwjez.png  photo Patterns_zpsffe5v7nd.png  photo Tutorials_zpsplo1y0ea.png  photo 193faa8a-319f-4666-9915-a2cc9af19bda_zpsah1i88qv.png  photo 1aff47d5-9779-4086-ae8c-7c8a885b6c47_zpsyyyqf1xu.png

Sunday, February 10, 2013

UpCycled Sweatshirt...Purse



Yesterday I wrote about a purse I saw on Pinterest - it was for sale on Amazon - and made from sweatshirt fabric. I was inspired to make my own using an old Penn State Alumni Sweatshirt.


It took some work to get the measurements where I wanted them to be, but here it is!

I made some changes based on the feedback about the original purse - mainly that it was a bit too thin.









The inside is really basic - just one pocket. The next one I make will have an exterior zippered pocket and a toggle for the drawstring. Yeah, not that efficient to tie, untie, tie, untie. There is a magnetic closure at the top.





For more information on this purse and some tutorials, please click on the "Sweatshirt Purse" in the label section to the right!  

2 comments:

  1. Wow........Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Loved the pattern.
    www.blissfulsewing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! Thanks. BTW, love your dresses. They are adorable.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...